Whisperflo Pump Wiring Question

mnormington

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2008
Burbank, IL
I just got a Whisperflo 1/2 HP pump. I have to wire a power cord up to it. There are four lugs in the wiring compartment. I moved the white wire to lug L2 and the brown wire to lug B per the plate on the side of the motor. This is supposed to configure it to run at 110V. Hopefully I got that right. The wires I referred to here are the ones that came from the motor.

My question is: I have a white (neutral) and a black (hot) and a green (ground) wire to hook into there from my power cord. I know where the ground wire goes. I can't find anywhere in the instructions whether the hot goes on L1 or L2. I am assuming (maybe foolishly) that the neutral will go on L2 because the other white wire went there. I am only assuming the power wires will go on L1 and L2 because they are the only ones with screws on them to hook up to. Can someone please straighten me out on this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.