oversized safety cover

armstrr

LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2010
Sarnia, Ontario Canada
so I am shopping for a safety cover for my pool. it is a 20x43 double roman with stairs at the long end making it a total of 47' long. also, there is a swimout, so ultimately, it is 24' wide at its widest.

I understand that these covers are cut to properly overlap the pool, and include "wear" bars around the edges so the covers do not prematurely wear.
I also understand that using a rectangular cover on a free form pool voids the warranty.

So hear is the dilemma. I found a rectangular cover that is for a 24 x 47' pool for a LOT less than ordering a custom cut one.

If i put something down on the concrete pad where the cover will come in contact, will the cover last its normal useful life? I happen to have a whole roll of the 1/8" steel pool wall foam that i could double sided tape down to the concrete in certain locations around the pool just before the cover goes down.

If i am diligent, do you see a problem with this? Please remember, I am talking about getting the over sized cover for about 1/2 price.

Thanks for your quick replys...i am hoping (unless i am convinced otherwise), to order it today!

It'll get torn up, guaranteed. Might make a season or two, not the 10 to 12 most last.

Won't be considered safe.

When you need a second cover because the first tore, you know you'll get the right one. Then you'll wind up with extra holes in the deck needlessly.

Do it once, do it right. That costs less.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.