Aquabot cleaner recommendation?

kostia

Jun 30, 2010
Hi,
I have an oval 28K gallons qunite pool in MA. Gets quite a bit of leaves in the fall.
From my research and my understanding of how things work I am thinking of getting one of Aquabots:
EcoJet Pro
Aquabot Turbo T2
not sure if it is worth it but maybe even Aquabot Turbo T4RC

the reason being is that they operate without any additional hook up requirements other than electrical cord and come with better reviews than some other cleaners.
What I cannot understand though is if the price difference between EcoJet and Turbo T2 is worth it? I do not mind spending extra if I get my money worth better cleaning? longer lasting? wall cleaning better?

Thanks in advance!

Have used Aquabot for about 20 years.

Put it in after Irene and was amazed at the amount of leaves it got. Used three bags and the pool is super clean and it had a bunch. Yard is all oaks and maples. The last 2 have been turbos which run the pool, (22x38 kidney) in 1 hour.

I have an Aquabot Supreme ($799), climbs walls, no remote, cleans pool in about 3 hours. I wish I'd gotten an Aquabot sooner. However, I don't think I really needed a unit that climbs walls (I have vinyl). My water line and side walls are not problematic. However, I do believe you'd want this feature for a gunite pool.

Warranty is 2 years for EcoJet and 4 years for T2. I have been reading every review I could find and it seems mixed results especially when warranty is needed. Still not sure between the 2, I have no problem cleaning the pool once a week, but it would be great if my wife could do it during the week since she is the one complaining that it is not as clean as she would like it to be in between cleanings. But then I read reviews that it is difficult to clean and heavy, so I start to wonder if she would do it or if this is still going to be on me and would still be an hour of cleaning the bag instead of cleaning the pool?
Would I leave it in the pool during the week and pull it out once a week for cleaning?

I am a woman and have been maintaining my own pool for the past 5 years, including putting in and taking out my Aquabot T2. Simple process. Also easy to open and remove bag for cleaning and re-install.

i would get the bluediamond, I think its cheaper than the T2 and the guys that make it really know there stuff. same warranty. but if your wife is anything like mine, she aint going to be using this thing. its heavy to take out of the water, not necessarily heavy, but it depends how you take it out. if you have big steps like I have, you can bring it up to the steps and then live it a little to let the water drain out. I typically now just leave it in the pool all the time and bring the powersupply inside, I find I'm having a lot more longetivity like that. so I can bring it up to my step, flip it over and just pop out the filter bag. filter bag takes only about 5 minutes to rinse off. not really a big deal.

But maybe a Polaris after all? It has been suggested by my pool guy that Polaris 360 is a better way to go. I understand that a lot of this is perception and experience so if anybody can chime in that would be great.
What I see as benefits of T2 is that it does not have to rely on the pump, can run independently. It does not need to be connected to the return and I do not need another booster pump. The question is really which one works better in terms of cleaning and ease of maintenance?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.