skim vac

SHADEZ

Jul 10, 2011
I want to use a skim vac .. I bought one with a rubber gasket .. without a right angle .. i placed it over the skimmer and the water line just touches the tip of the skim vac where the hose goes .. if i got one with a right angle it would most likely go above the water level allowing air to stay in when i try connecting the hose .. I haven't seen any skim vacs with just a hole to slide the hose into below the water line .. is there any other solution besides not useing one?

the thing I'm having trouble with is in order to put the hose on it has to be lifted above water lever which lets air in and the slide over the skim vac instead of connecting it under water

Fill the hose with water, place the skim vac in place and then quickly connect the hose. As long as you do it quickly, there will only be a small amount of air in the line, which will not be a problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.