Pump trouble

Jun 23, 2009
Columbia, SC
I had to remove my pump from the strainer housing to replace a gasket. I had no problems whatsoever initially. I removed the four bolts changed the gasket put the pump back in place and tightened the bolts without incident. I turned the power back on and when I hit the on switch for the pump it just buzzed, nothing else. So the buzz indicates it's getting power, but nothing's happening. I tried running it unattached from the strainer housing and it still just buzzes, nothing else. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Carlscan 26. Turns out there was something small in the (impellor?) That was preventing it from turning. So the pump is working unfortunately the new gasket didn't stop the water from coming out from underneath the pump. There's a square hole underneath the pump and water is coming out of there. Any thoughts on that would also be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.