Solar Systems

dr

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 11, 2008
Hello all I am new to the forum and had a couple of questions concerning solar.
I am running an intellatouch system with the intella flow pump and FNS DE filter. I had the pool builder plum two returns close to the bottom of my pool to run the ozone system and solar. The question is which system have you used and how did it work? I am in Houston so I think that I should get 10 to 11 months of swim time here with the correct system but want to avoid any hidden problems that some systems have. The one that the owner finds when installed. Any feedback good bad would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum.

I have 600sqft of Heliocol terra cotta colored panels. I am in Miami and have had the panels for two months.

Our original goal was to 84deg water. Since having the panels our goal is 88deg. There is a big diff now that we are spoiled.

My system takes 4 or 5 days of +74deg weather for my pool to get to 86-88 deg. I get about 3 deg a day. I have been swimming every weekend since Thanks giving give or take 2 weeks. I can't swim any time I want due to temp changes but I am glad I installed my panels. I guess after March I can keep the water at 88 any time.

In order to get these temp I use a solar cover daily, only removeing it on weekends to swim or let the water breathe (off gas). I was told i could get 14-16 deg and I have been only seeing 12 deg compared to my neighbors water temp (no heating).

I thought I would get 12 months of swimming but I would guess I get 10 months of consistent temps and 2 months of unpredictable pool temps, but swimmable.( if thats a word)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.