Intro From our Green Swamp

Sprocket

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
Central Florida
I posted a few questions about pumps recently and decided to stay a while longer. Mrs. Sprocket and I are motivated to get our pool under control. I've delegated the chemistry side to her while I tackle the hardware issues.

We just ordered the TF-100 Test Kit along with becoming Lifetime Supporters. I also have a Pentair Whisperflo WFE-3 ordered that should be here next Wednesday.

Our current pump is barely operating, and it has a bad crack in the wet side velote. I hit it with JB Weld but it has opened up again and spewing a fair amount of water. While at Home Depot today learning about PVC unions, the showed my an epoxy putty he said would work better than the JB Weld so I'll give it a shot.

We live in Central Florida so it doesn't take much to turn the pool green and it already is. I've been trying to run it an hour or so a day just to keep it mixed up.

I've read a bit of the water quality info and just guessing it is way out of wack as adding a 2.5 gallon jug of liquid chlorine from the pool store doesn't do much. We have a Guardex 4 in 1 test Kit, but it has mainly been my wife using (not using it). It looks like it will test for FC, Chlorine Residual PH, Acid Demand and Total Alkalinity. I don't know where to start, but hopefuly I'll get Mrs. Sprocket to post in the appropriate forum.

Cheers!