Successful swamp to "oasis" transformation ...

Apr 19, 2010
Just a quick thanks to you all and a little slideshow gif I made during the past two painstakingly tedious months. I have successfully revived my "antique" IG plaster pool. Couldn't have done it w/o all the great BBB information & "swamp to oasis" adventures on this forum.

http://mlkshk.com/r/6U69

Of particular note is the jump between 07/03 and 08/03 - I hadn't learned enough before I started in and the algae took advantage! Starting soon after that I shocked it to high heaven, replaced the old filter system, brushed and vacuumed twice a day, completely balanced the water (CH was 50!), and washed out the dang cartidge filter daily. As you can see, it has (finally) paid off.

This pool had been abused and neglected for more than four years, about two of which were with that cover you see in the first couple frames. I *did not* drain it but if I were to do this all over again, I probably would have, as well as purchased a larger capacity filter.

It started passing the OCLT a few days ago. Here are today's TFT numbers...
FC: 8.5 (letting it drop slowly to normal)
CC: 0
pH: 7.5
TA: 110
CH: 240
CYA: ~40

As you can see, so much renovation/reconstruction work left to do but that can wait until swimming season is fully over. Thanks TFP! :)

Attachments

• IMG_4895c.jpg
    IMG_4895c.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 137
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.