polaris 3900 not water in chimney doing donuts

kcindc

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 2, 2011
Fairfax, VA
My Polaris 3900 w/booster pump is doing tight donuts and no water is out of the three jets that are in the chimney. There is plenty of water coming out of the tail the little dial jet that is below the tail. The dial jet thingy is set at the 11 o'clock position. I've tried adjusting the RPM and it didn't make any difference. I've cleaned the inline filter screen. Don't know what to do now. There was a lot of debris from Hurricane Irene and I had to clean the filter bag several times a day right after the storm. I purchased my polaris in June of this year, so it might be under warranty if it isn't a simple fix. I don't mind breaking it open, but don't want to void the warranty. I've downloaded the manual and it didn't address the chimeny jets. Thanks.

I strongly recommend you take it in to a Polaris dealer who will take care of you. If the in line filter is not blocked it should not be clogged jets and it will most likely be an o-ring that blew out or something wrong in the water manifold system. If your cleaner is in warranty no problem. If it is recently out of warranty insist that your dealer contact the rep or Polaris customer service or call customer service yourself to direct you to the right place in your area. Polaris stand behind their products.

Check to make sure that, when you rotate any of the wheels, they all move in unison. If not, check to make sure that the chain hasn't come loose. If the chain is in place check the gears. Might need to have the gear box looked at.

BlazeRegulator said:
Check to make sure that, when you rotate any of the wheels, they all move in unison. If not, check to make sure that the chain hasn't come loose. If the chain is in place check the gears. Might need to have the gear box looked at.
just changed that part (39-200)in a customer's 3900 cleaner, WOW! was the customer not happy about that price haha

it wasn't cheap lol, how come you guy's don't have the parts separately? specifically the gears in there

Polaris will not sell them.
I went through this recently,
The "Gear Box' is comprised of a lot of regular Polaris ball bearings (9-100-1108?)
and a turbine drive similar to that used on 360/380 models.

I thought previously, given a little time and a dremel, I could fix it with those parts,
but this was a warranty cleaner, so it never came to that, fortunately..

But, the answer to your question, is Polaris will not make the individual parts available,
and authorized warranty centers cannot use non-Polaris parts..

-B.

DBfan187 said:
BlazeRegulator said:
just changed that part (39-200)in a customer's 3900 cleaner, WOW! was the customer not happy about that price haha

it wasn't cheap lol, how come you guy's don't have the parts separately? specifically the gears in there

Great question. I don't have an exact answer for that :?
I know there had been some recent "enhancements" to the cleaner including the gearbox assembly which is usually always a good thing. :goodjob:

PLUS, we're releasing the Tail Sweep Pro which is supposed to prevent the tail from spraying water out of the pool. Will come standard with all the new Polaris 3900 Sport units (once released) and can be equipped to all the other Polaris pressure side cleaners.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.