Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tthe Best Drinking Water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Tthe Best Drinking Water?

What is your opinion of the BEST water for drinking?

Since I drink a lot of water, I really appreciate your input.

After drinking a glass of unsweetened apple juice my filtered water tasted horrible...... like chemicals and just nasty stuff. Then I realized that I had forgotten to change the SmartWater filter. Funny, but until I had the apple juice it tasted just fine

TIA for any input.

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

2. Back To Top    #2
    We have a GE reverse osmosis system, and it is pretty good. I like my water (of which I also drink a lot) to be tasteless, and the system we have leaves some taste. We have a whole house filter, also GE, that we put the carbon filters in (our city water smells heavily of cc's) and then a water softener. Finally the RO.

My fave bottled water when we lived in Louisiana was Kentwood Springs.

My favorite city water is in the high valley in Socal... Victorville, actually... Absolutely PURE tasting, right out of the tap!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    The water if really good out of the tap here, some of the best tab water in North America. We filter it through a Brita filter for drinking though.

4. Back To Top    #4
    my pool water is preety good, got gallons to spair. you should try your pool. O WAIT its only 85 here down south.

edit- dang it your in SC.

i like my tap water. but my kids and wife use a pur filter that is in our fridge.

there was a chart on what brand filtered what, and pur filtered out EVERYTHING. my wife said i dont care that its more expensive i want all that stuff filtered out.

personally i think their nuts. when i was a kid i drank from the garden hose after swimming in the river, or playing baseball in the street. or riding our bikes to go get a snack someware. times have changed.

5. Back To Top    #5

We have a water softner system on the house, I installed it about 4 years ago, Not only does the water taste better but it makes a shower so much better as well.
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6
    Thanks for all the input.

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!