Reviews of epool Game 4817 and other wireless temp monitors

Sep 1, 2011
Hi all. I just joined; hope I'm doing this post right.

I was considering the purchase of the wireless Game 4817 wireless monitor. Saw very bad reviews on this board, but all were several years old ~2009 or so. Called company and they admitted lots of problems with current model and they are going to come out with a re-engineered model in Spring 2012.

One of the comments I read on that board was that there are several wireless water temperature monitors on the market but there were no references to companies or models available.

Does any one have experience with such things and can offer one or two models?

Re: Reviews of epool Game 4817 and other wireless temp monit

Hopefully it will work well for you! A bunch of us tried a similar one a couple years ago, and I think water always ended up getting inside the floater and ruining it :( At least that's what happened with mine.

Re: Reviews wireless temp monitors

Yes they now put the (car wheel lug nut criss cross tightening procedure" into their set of "little" instructions. Next time I take it out of the water, I also plan to put some silicon grease on the gasket and cover assembly. Be sure to coat both sides of the gasket, i.e. get grease underneath it too. Silicon grease is available at plumbing shops and Hardware stores like Lowes, Home Depot, etc.....