Where Does This Pipe Lead??

twowhlrcr

Gold Supporter
Sep 1, 2011
Goodyear, AZ
Good morning all, does anybody know what this pipe might lead to (2nd from the left). It has some sort of check valve inline.

The far left pipe runs to the pop ups. The 3rd pipe from the left runs to the returns (4 of them in the sides of the pool). The 4th pipe from the left is from the filter/pump. The 5th and 6th pipes from the left feed the two waterfalls.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
[attachment=0:20df2q1t]Pool 20.JPG[/attachment:20df2q1t]

Attachments

• Pool 20.JPG
    Pool 20.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 141
Since there's no valve in it to isolate it, it's going to be almost impossible to tell where it goes. I assume the flow arrow on the check is pointed down.

You could try putting a little 'party pool' coloring in the pump basket and see where all the color comes out at.

Spa fountain, perhaps? Our spa has a hole in the middle of the floor that we can insert an upright pipe into. The end of the pipe has a decorative diffuser. When we turn the valve at the pump it makes a pretty fountain in the middle of the spa.

That we never otherwise use. ^_^

I'm confused... Why do pool builders not put a sticker or some kind of identification on the pools they build so future new owners can use it properly? Or at least be contacted if the new owner needs service? Rarely does the original home owner remain the owner forever, everyone knows this. Residential pools seem to be the only product/construct that regularly comes without O&M's or even a marker of the builder/supplier's contact information. Huh???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
twowhlrcr said:
No spa attached to the pool here. What is a pressure side cleaner port?

It is crazy hot lately! I got my pool temp down to 89 degrees today. It was pure heaven jumping in.
Here are some posts on Pressure Side Cleaners. I doubt that is what its for but you never know. Since its on the same valve as the popups I would think its part of the cleaning system.
search.php?keywords=pressure+side+cleaner&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.