Autocover question

Aug 31, 2011
I have a coverstar auto pool cover being installed it is not finished yet and I want to make sure that it is done right. Does anyone who has this installed have air steams or jets that blow the cover upward while it is opening or closing so that the covers does not rub against the deck? Is this needed? So far the builder has not installed or mentioned the need for this, but I have heard from another company that it may be necessary.

I take care of a customer's pool on a weekly basis that has an autocover (not sure of the brand). There are no air jets that blow the cover up on that pool. I can see how it would benefit but I figure the cover will probably need replacement through uv damage by the time it gets rubbed raw. Also the pool has an autopump on the cover at all times. Even with that pump; there is some water on the cover after a rainstorm until all the small puddles evaporate. In the meantime the small puddles form together into a large puddle while taking the cover off (sometimes to the point where I won't attempt to roll the cover all the way due to weight) So I don't see air jets helping in that situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.