Help needed with Autopilot.

Aug 31, 2011
My SC-60 cell is seven years old; The message said low amps, check cell. I first replaced salt; when that didn't solve the problem, I called my pool company who first replaced the cell; the message continued. They then came back, fixed wiring and replaced power mount; they took out the new cell, and it works. They have now said that the cell will probably go next spring, and we should consider buying a whole new unit which will be under warranty for two years instead of just replacing the cell next spring. They say that there can be problems if you put in a new cell. What do you recommend. Obviously the cost of the new unit is expensive (2300) compared with just putting in a new cell (1300 approx).

If I understand correctly they reinstalled the old cell after repairing the unit and it's working? If that's the case I'd just replace the cell whenever it goes out and not replace the unit. Since they replaced the power unit it's basically a new unit now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.