Finally have water in...do I have a leak?

Jun 17, 2011
Finally put water in the pool and everything seems ok but I am concerned (probably like most DIY builders!) that I am leaking water.

I did the bucket test last night and lost about half an inch in 24 hours in the pool and close to 4/16 in the bucket. The bucket was outside the pool and I just used tap water which was cooler than the pool water which was around 80.

Temps overnight dropped to the 50's and only hit mid 70's in the day. The pool gets sun in different spots throughout the whole day and the bucket was in direct sun for only part of the day.

I have two of those stupid aqua genie's and can't properly test the pressure. Does it sound like I am ok? The pool is backfilled and I am about to pour my deck and I am freaking out!

Thanks!!!!

I think you're supposed to put the bucket in the pool, and the water level should be the same as the pool water. When the bucket is in the pool it keeps the temperature the same as the pool as well as allowing the bucket water to experience the same environment (wind, sun, etc.) as the pool.

I think... Someone will clarify I'm sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.