Landscaping help around AGP...suggestions ?

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
So I currently have a 2-3 foot ring around my AGP and at the point in the picture its a foot drop off from grass to dirt. I was going to fill it in with river rocks but was concerned about the pressure of the rocks on the pool wall. Any suggestions ?

[attachment=0:240rkzn4]pool.jpg[/attachment:240rkzn4]

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 207
I had about a 2 ft drop on one side of my above ground pool. Heres what I did, laid a corrigated drain pipe down, filled the hole witk big rocks an concrete chunks from a broken up sidewalk, and then poured mulch over top of that. It's been 4 years with no issues. I laid the rocks and and stuff carefully so not to damage the side of the pool. So if you are using river rock, I really don't see a problem if you do it carefully.

pepsiholic said:
I had about a 2 ft drop on one side of my above ground pool. Heres what I did, laid a corrigated drain pipe down, filled the hole witk big rocks an concrete chunks from a broken up sidewalk, and then poured mulch over top of that. It's been 4 years with no issues. I laid the rocks and and stuff carefully so not to damage the side of the pool. So if you are using river rock, I really don't see a problem if you do it carefully.

By corrugated drain pipe you mean the black tubes ? You filled those with rocks ?

The pipe was for water drainage, to keep water from sitting next to the pool walls, then that was covered with the rock and such. Then a thin layer of mulch, but pea gravel or river rock would be just fine.

[attachment=0:1qtuql01]pool.bmp[/attachment:1qtuql01]

Attachments

• pool.bmp
    511.9 KB · Views: 144
OK revisiting this now. So I am assuming the corrugated pipe that is around the pool is perforated ?
So here would be my understanding of what to do.
Put down a base of gravel all around pool.
Put perforated corrugated pipe on the deeper side. Cover with gravel. Add river rocks on top of gravel. Does this make sense ? Will gravel get inside of a perforated corrugated pipe ?
Is it ok for tiny pieces to get in but still allow water flow towards the back of the backyard? (my drain area)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.