Check out my electrical codes. Strict !

That is all fairly standard stuff, actually a shorter list than a fair number of places.

The connivence outlet needs to be close enough that you won't use an extension cord. They don't want the end of an extension cord falling in the pool.

The code is what it is. No way to change it. Does your existing electrical meet all requirements?

I think most people with AGP's don't even consider code.

Personally I have a small 12 foot transisition pool as my daughter is 3 y/o. My final pool will be in a different location of the yard. I did not want to pay $$$$ for electrical that will be used for a couple of years. I did use common sense. I paid $300 for a fence to my $150 pool.

Still if you are not in code and any unforeseeable injury or death occurs most likely your homeowners insurance will not pay and you could lose the pool along with your house.

You are really lucky, unlike most of us who have to talk to the inspector and look at the NEC codes and wonder how it is enforced in our area, it appears you have it all laid out for you in an easy to read document. All of what your doc shows we also have to do around here but we have no doc to show/tell us other than the NEC (which can be a little cryptic and fuzzy on AGP verses IGP requirements).

linen said:
You are really lucky, unlike most of us who have to talk to the inspector and look at the NEC codes and wonder how it is enforced in our area, it appears you have it all laid out for you in an easy to read document. All of what your doc shows we also have to do around here but we have no doc to show/tell us other than the NEC (which can be a little cryptic and fuzzy on AGP verses IGP requirements).
Well your inspector is getting his "code" from somewhere. Call him and ask him--Im sure its not just off of his judgement thats in his head you know ? Thats all I did. I will measure to see how close the outlet is...man I hope its less than 20 feet.

gdog2004 said:
Well your inspector is getting his "code" from somewhere. Call him and ask him--Im sure its not just off of his judgement thats in his head you know ?
Yep, done that in the past, no document other than NEC here, so how it is enforced is inspector specific :x

linen said:
gdog2004 said:
Well your inspector is getting his "code" from somewhere. Call him and ask him--Im sure its not just off of his judgement thats in his head you know ?
Yep, done that in the past, no document other than NEC here, so how it is enforced is inspector specific :x
Wow. Pretty lame. Maybe you should have a few beers waiting for the inspector :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.