Yellow scum line?

Aug 13, 2007
Hey everyone!

I didn't close my pool for the winter, i live in GA and the weather isn't too bad over the winter months so i decided to keep it open due to the cost of having a liner installed etc. Anyway, ive kept it up, and we have had a lot of rain this last few weeks, i noticed 2 days ago a ring around the pool that is yellow, i brushed the sides and it comes off no problem, looks kind of powdery. Today, its back!

Any ideas?

I've a gunite, in ground, 18x36, sand filter.

Puzzling. Must be something airborne. I can think of nothing that would precipitate out yellow from your pool. However, I can't imagine any pollen in Georgia in February, either.

Certainly doesn't seem like a big issue but I'd be curious if you find the source.

I've got the same thing here in NW Florida. It is pollen no doubt and I agree it is probably oak tree pollen. I don't think it will last for too long though, but the oaks are about to shed ALL of their leaves in a few weeks :( Guess I'll be scooping leaves out for a while. The good news is that they shed fairly quickly and once the new leaves show up, I won't have to deal with 'em during the swim season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.