Ortega 3 port valve maintenance - any manual or info online?

lalittle

Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I'm trying to track down a suction side leak, and one of the possibilities is an older Purex Ortega 3 port valve. I know that I can replace and re-lube o-rings and/or other seals in this unit, but before I start I'd like to get as much information as I can so there aren't any surprises when I take it apart. I found some exploded views online, but it would be nice if I could find a manual or some actual instructions indicating any special order of steps involved, what to lube, what to replace, and what not to mess with. Unfortunately, this is an older valve, and I was not able to find any information for it on the Pentair site. I'm a little concerned that taking it apart could cause some parts to disintegrate, so I'd like to know what I'm potentially dealing with before I start, and if the parts are commonly available.

Does anyone know of where I could find a manual or maintenance instructions for this valve?

Also, is there any sort of "rebuild kit" available for this valve that's designed for general maintenance? All I find online are full parts lists.

Thanks,

Larry

Re: Ortega 3 port valve maintenance - any manual or info onl

In the absence of a manual, can anyone that has done this before give me any information or advice on this? Is it just intuitive -- i.e. if take off the handle and remove the four screws to remove the top plate, is it obvious what to do? Do I just replace/re-lube the top 3 o-rings, or do I also remove and re-lube the entire diverter assembly and "Permalok" thing?

I'm just trying to avoid any "gotchas" that could prevent me from being able to run my pump for an extended period of time.

Thanks again,

Larry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.