SWG with large Spa, small pool

Eldon

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2010
I have an EasyTouch system with an IntelliChlor 20. After a week or so I pretty much have the pool taken care of, however, I'm having problems keeping chlorine in the spa. Reading the manual I found the following snippet.

Up/Down buttons: Set the chlorination output level for the spa water from 0 to 20%.
To prevent over chlorination of the spa, the EasyTouch system will automatically drop
the chlorine output levels to 1/20th of the current pool output when the spa is switched
on. For example, if the pool output level is set to 60%, when the spa is switched on,
the chlorination level is reduced to 3%

My pool is about 3900 gallons, and my spa is 600 gallons. Obviously, my spa isn't going to use 1/20th of the chlorine the pool uses. Am I reading this right that the easytouch is outsmarting itself, and if so, does anyone have any advice?

My pool stays happy at 12% to 15% on a pump run time of 11 hours, where the spa run time is 4 or 5 hours. I supposed I could run the pool at a much higher level for 2 or 3 hours. Thoughts?

-Eldon

Are your pool and spa connected? If they share water you don't need to do anything special as long as you don't use the spa for too many hours in a row (an hour or two is fine). The water will mix between the pool and spa balancing out any unevenness in the FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.