Multi Port spider gasket leaking?

Jun 11, 2010
Woodstock GA
Can someone please tell me if I have a multi port spider gasket leaking? When the valve is in the Filter position and if I do not have the valve handle lifted all the way up I have water dribbling out of the back wash hose, which initially led me to believe I had a leak from the pool itself but realized now it is coming from the backwash port when the pump is running.

Those gaskets do leak from time to time. I've had to replace them more than once. However, if your handle does not go to the up position by itself it may be either the "O" rings on the stem or the spring. There are two O rings on the stem and if they get old and hard they can crack and prevent the seat from going all the way down to seal off against the gasket. The spring can also lose its spring and needs to be replaced from time to time.

The O rings and gasket need to have a very thin layer of a silicone grease applied to the outer edges so they will slide and seal properly.

So if you suspect a leak from the multiport valve I would replace the spider gasket, both O rings, and the spring. It's not very expensive to do the whole rebuild and that should correct the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.