Target FC level at start of kids party?

texasdad

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2011
DFW Metro
Have a u7 soccer team having a season kickoff party in my pool this afternoon. It seems every time I have a crowd in the pool the water gets foggy and can't see the bottom. When it is just the family swimming the pool sparkles.

My CYA is at 60. I usually have my FC at 5 ppm.

Will adding chlorine before the party help. What ppm should I go for without being to high for young kids?

texasdad said:
Will adding chlorine before the party help. What ppm should I go for without being to high for young kids?
Since you have had a problem before, I would go higher with your FC during the swim session. I would use the poolcalculator suggested upper normal level of 8 ppm FC. Also, if you want to be really proactive, once swimmers are out of the pool bring it up to shock levels and do the OCLT.

I too worried about this the other day.....My solution was to take it to mustard algae levels. Worked just fine so far for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.