HOT TUB JETS WON'T TURN ON- ANY IDEAS?

KF3CD

May 1, 2010
all of a sudden, the jets in the hot tub attached to to our in ground pool, won't turn on. Figures, right when yiou have company that wants to use it. I suspect its the push switch/button which is mounted in the wall tile, just below water level. When you push the button, it no longer clicks to turn on. I tried to unscrew it, it turns but doesn't unscrew. Perhaps it prys or pops off but I'm afraid I'll break it or the tile because it's mounted almost flush with the tile. I'm hesitant to call for service because we just spent a few hundred to fix the heater and I'm almost positive its not related to that. Any suggestions here? thanks for reading this post!

Not sure what kind of switch - could be wired or pneumatic - we had a pneumatic originally - the way it worked was when you pushed the button it pressed a plunger that pushed air through a small hose and triggered a switch on the other end - ours the button end would lose it's seal and couldn't push enough air or the hose would split or get week and stretch - hose was fed through a PVC sleeve - repaired ours multiple times - it would just pop up out of the insert. I tested by disconnection the hose and just give a puff of air with your mouth. Eventually I pulled the hose out of the sleeve and used it to pull in a wired switch when we added automation.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.087689,-96.648834

Thanks for the replies. I learned that it is pneumatic, now I know what that aquarium type tubing is
for! Figured out how to remove the on/off switch from the hot tub wall and will replace the tubing tomorrow...but I opened the control box tonight when removing the tube and it smells like something burned inside so maybe it's more than just replacing the tube because when I blow on the tube, I can hear the switch click on but the jets still don't come on.

Spent the morning removing and reconnecting the air tube only to find out that the AS Multi Combo 95 air control box is burnt and melted inside. I have removed it and will get a new one online but I noticed that the pool and hot tub lights don't work either. Fortunately, the pump and filter are running fine. This may have been caused by a nearby lightning strike last week. Does anyone know if the pool lights also run thru this control box? I'd hate to buy a new one, connect it and have it burn out immediately or replace it and still not have the lights work. Thanks for reading!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.