Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Well after 5 years or so my Aquarite is out of commission. Noticed this morning that the board has some burn spots on it near the big black capacitor or whatever you call it. I did change this out last year but looks like it burned out again plus also the board around it. I figured between changing the board and the cell, which is probably going to go out next, that i should just purchase another. What is new out there that you all would recommend using? I had that Aquarite for 40,000 gallons.

I just did some research and found CircuPool. For the money, it looks like the best system out there. I'm certainly no expert, and a newbie to SWG, but I think I got a good buy on a quality product. Here's where I got mine...this is a good comparison chart. Might be biased, but from what I can tell all the data is there:

http://www.discountsaltpool.com/Full_Ma ... arison.htm

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

How good and reliable is the Circupool brand? 7 year warranty is a good thing and will the box stand outdoor heat and so on without being covered since it looks like it has a plastic lid.

I just bought a CircuPool RJ45 and had it for two weeks which means not much at this point. I can only tell you my thinking process. I narrowed down my selection to the Compupool SC48, CircuPool RJ45 and Aquarite40.

- CircuPool and CompuPool are made by same manafacturer. Reviews are good on the CompuPool and not many review on the Circu (probably due to not many owners). So I am banking that the RJ45 will work as good as the SC48. The dealer did tell me the controller on the RJ series is updated an newer than the SC48 and should last longer hence the 7 yr prorated warranty.
- I have a 21,000 gal pool so I need a larger unit which brings the prices on the SC48 and the RJ closer. When I bought my SWG you get the next size up for same price as lower model.
- Aquarite was more expensive at around $880 compared to $799 for other two.
- Output on RJ45 was around 2lbs of CL and that seems about right based on calculations in last paragraph below.
- It boiled down to warranty eventhough it is prorated after the 5th year you still save 20% off parts so worst case scenario a new RJ 45 is 899 so it will cost $720 to replace both parts. Right now after 5 years, both your cell and controller are about done so it is costing you either $880 for a new Aquarite or $799 for a SC or RJ. Actually worst case scenario is that if both my controller and cell break after 7yrs and I will have to buy a new unit.

I have .5gal (10.5%) Chlorine demand and the CircuPool is running at 50% for 12 hours and my pool has 3-4ppm of CL at all times. I do have an issue with the unit reading salt higher than what is expected but I will look into that later this week. I estimate my salt level to be 3350 vs 5700 & 6000 what the controller reads. Estimate based on having salt at 2100ppm before SWG and adding 220lbs of salt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks all again for the replies. I have 18,000 gallons and i am currently using a Aquarite 40. I just fixed it yesterday and got it back running, but then i know it will be a matter of time before having to replace. Right now the Circupool as a pretty good deal which if i buy the RJ30 for $799 i will actually get a RJ45, from what i am reading on site. I am just unsure how well the controller is built since it looks plastic and this will be outdoors and uncovered and i do not have any shade where it will be at.

Think i may pull the trigger on the RJ30, which they should give me the RJ45. Thanks all for your help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.