Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oops - pool is WARM

1. Back To Top    #1

Oops - pool is WARM

We heated the hot tub two days ago and forgot to turn it off. It's been heating the whole pool for the past two days, whenever the pump was running. I just caught it and the pool is up to 93 degrees! The bright side is that it is supposed to cool off a bit this weekend but that shouldn't stop us from swimming.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2
    No problem. Just bottle some of it up and send it up here.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

I wish we were worrying about water temperature- our PB promised plaster 3 wks. ago and now says Monday. We are keeping our fingers crossed.
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

4. Back To Top    #4

Tell him you will pay him later then. Then when the day comes, tell him monday...
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

5. Back To Top    #5

I would love to. I want the pool to be done already and them gone!! We just got a call saying they want to do the plaster tomorrow. My DH was annoyed because its Mother's Day but I said no problem. They have been here so long there mail will be redirected here soon!
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: Oops - pool is WARM

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    We heated the hot tub two days ago and forgot to turn it off. It's been heating the whole pool for the past two days, whenever the pump was running. I just caught it and the pool is up to 93 degrees!
    That will cost you.
    Debbie

7. Back To Top    #7

Leaving the heater on sounds like a common faux paux.

As forgetful as I am, I'm thinking when I turn mine on (assuming that it's ultimately completed one day), that I'll have to create some kind of visual indicator that it's on... something complicated like a red cup sitting on top of the TV...

A friend of ours heated his pool one day in December for a get together, so the kids could swim... found it still on 2 weeks later... ouch!

I've left the sprinkler on too many times to think I won't do the same, or worse.

Meanwhilel... buy stock in your local gas provider...
    18,000 gallon gunite free form, with spa, 4x160, EasyTouch, SWCG, Pentair cartr filter, Colorlogic lights.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenbrla
    ....As forgetful as I am, I'm thinking when I turn mine on (assuming that it's ultimately completed one day), that I'll have to create some kind of visual indicator that it's on... something complicated like a red cup sitting on top of the TV.....
    I be running around yelling, "Who left this red cup on the TV???????"

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: Oops - pool is WARM

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    We heated the hot tub two days ago and forgot to turn it off. It's been heating the whole pool for the past two days, whenever the pump was running. I just caught it and the pool is up to 93 degrees! The bright side is that it is supposed to cool off a bit this weekend but that shouldn't stop us from swimming.
    Sounds like heaven!!!

We opened our pool on Friday and this morning the water is up to a nice toasty 58 degrees
    18 X 40 IG Vinyl
    Pentair DE filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mini-Max Heater

10. Back To Top    #10
    "Dumbass" tm Red Forman (that 70's show).

I had to register just to say that.

My Spa seems to have a "drinking problem" some nights, so official policy is check everything the next morning. Including looking for stray articles of clothing the Grandkids might find suspicious out there.
    14,500 inground gunite
    7' connected spa with overflow waterfall
    Goldline salt water chlorine generator
    Hayward 4 cartridge filter
    Hayward 400K heater
    Completed January 07

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by vegas_dp
    "Dumbass" tm Red Forman (that 70's show).

I had to register just to say that.
    LOL!!!
    18 X 40 IG Vinyl
    Pentair DE filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mini-Max Heater