How to operate vacuum with pop ups

Aug 27, 2011
Ok. I did search but gave up quickly as I have little time. I bought a house with a pool that I have no idea how to operate. I have figured out most of the valves and have operated my parents pool a few times but I am lost currently. On my parents pool you turned the intake valve to full skimmer and then plugged in the vacuum. No problem.

However, on this pool, there are pop ups in the pool that apparently push stuff towards the in pool filter. When I turn the valve to skimmer it doesn't operate the one with the vacuum port near it. This one doesn't have a typical basket but has a clear plastic cover that can be taken off.

My question is, I want the pool to be clean for my sons party tomorrow (yea, I know) but the bottom of the pool is filthy (the pump was off for 5-7 days). How do I get this vacuum port to turn on? Like I said, just turning the intake valve doesn't create suction at that vacuum port.

Help.

P.s. I can post pictures first think tomorrow. It is about 8pm here in California now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.