Introduction

tennthom

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 27, 2011
Fayetteville, TN
Newbie from Tennessee. Been in the new pool about one month. Have been reading everything on this site to learn. Even printed a lot of info, pool school, ABC's, etc and put it in a binder for quick access. Been working the BBB process to get all parameters in line after PB had some things out of whack. Had to turn SWG off because FC was 10.0 and PB had SWG at 65% with a pump run time of 13 hours a day. Will check FC when I get off work tonight at 8:00. Thanks for all you guys do to help all of us that are new to pools.
Ph 7.8 (might be false because of FC 10.0)
CYA 90
CH 50
TA 100
All checked with my new test kit recommended by TFP

Welcome to the forum :lol:. Your test results all look pretty good. Once your FC starts to lower, don't be surprised if your pH continues to read 7.8 or perhaps even higher with a little more time. be prepared to lower it with muriatic acid if it gets to 8.0.

Got home at 9:00pm. FC had dropped to 8.5. Had a good 94F day in TN. PH still at 7.8. Think I will leave SWG off all day tomorrow and check at sundown tomorrow. Water is crystal clear. Again, thanks for all the info. Makes me want to rush home and check everything to make sure. The TF-100 is great! I feel I know exactly what is going on in my pool.

Left SWG off all day Sunday. Lots of pool activity on Sunday and at 6:30pm FC was 5.5 w/CC <.5. Monday morning FC 5.0 w/CC 0. Ph was still 7.8, so I added 11 oz of acid to bring down. Thanks to all of the good info on this site, I feel like I've made some good progress. Before I left for work I set SWG at 25% with a 12 hour run time. I'll check everything tonight.

At 6:00pm CH was back up to 6.0. I added 11oz of muratic acid this morning(pool calculator) before work and ph was still at 7.8 this pm. I plan to add some more muriatic acid tomorrow and I've set the SWG at 15%. CC is still at <.5 so I guess I'm better off at too high that too low.

Welcome to TFP!!

You are doing everything right :goodjob:

Every pool is unique and you are learning yours more quickly than most pool owners :cheers:

With a little more time/ experience with your pool, you'll find the 'sweet spot' and know what your pool needs better than we would be able to tell you :-D

Thanks, waste. I've read just about every thread on this site and every "school". There is so much good information here and everyone is so helpful. I'm trying to get in the habit of using search instead of posting a question that has already been asked before. I'm new to forums, so please bear with me.