"Mine's bigger than Yours" award

Much ready to get back in the pool, and thanks for the congrats! It was awesome to watch that team week-to-week totally dominate their opponent. I'll probably never see a high school football team do that, to that degree, again.

I'm new here.. but just had to comment that the size of that is awesome!
I can't wait for it to warm up.. we have had such a long, snow, cold winter here in wisconsin. I would say I was sick of looking at my cover too, but I haven't seen even the cover of my pool in 3 months.. it's buried under a foot of snow.

danwis said:
I'm new here.. but just had to comment that the size of that is awesome!
I can't wait for it to warm up.. we have had such a long, snow, cold winter here in wisconsin. I would say I was sick of looking at my cover too, but I haven't seen even the cover of my pool in 3 months.. it's buried under a foot of snow.

if i had some snow to mess around in i would not mind it as much, but it being 50 everyday and sunny when i wish it was like summer and 100 every day and we could be swimming. :x

lulupalooza said:
WOWZER! Now that is a pool! I wonder how the heck they keep that sucker so sparkling!?

From the article:
Chile's monster pool uses a computer- controlled suction and filtration system to keep fresh seawater in permanent circulation, drawing it in from the ocean at one end and pumping it out at the other.

The sun warms the water to 26c, nine degrees warmer than the adjoining sea.

Chilean biochemist Fernando Fischmann, whose Crystal Lagoons Corporation designed the pool, said advanced engineering meant his company could build "an impressive artificial paradise" even in inhospitable areas.

"As long as we have access to unlimited seawater, we can make it work, and it causes no damage to the ocean."

So, filter the sea water at one end and pump it back out the other.
I went down to the Hilton Cancun a few years back when we installed our Pool Pilot systems on their pools and spas, guess where they got the salt water from? City water and Sea Water filtered through a sand filter. The water was crystal clear starting up...
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotions/ ... ndex.jhtml

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.