Help with valve

smitt

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2011
I recently moved into a house with Salt water pool. I need help with one of the valve, which I think is the water coming to the pump from pool. It is set to close. I was wondering if there is any reason for the valve to be close. Could it be something else rather thn the water coming to pump from pool (Picture included).
I have 2 skimmers, multiple returns to the pool. 1 Drain at the bottom.
Its the valve on the right on the picture.
Thank You

Attachments

• IMG_2388.JPG
    IMG_2388.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2383.JPG
    IMG_2383.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 66
It is water coming from the pool to the pump but from three different sources. Probably a main drain and two skimmers but you'll have to experiment with the settings to see which combination gives you what result.

Label the settings when you get it resolved.

is it not best to open all three? I opened the 3rd one for less then a minute and there was lot debris (mainly leaves) that came in the basket. So I closed it again.
At the present setting, both skimmers seem to be working.

It prob regulates the flow between the drain and the skimmers, maybee the valve you opened was from the main that had collected debris. I think as a general rule it's good to have water pulled from both the skimmer and main drain, thats how mine was set from the beginning, if i want more skimmer action I can close the main drain and all the water will go through the skimmer, or visa versa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.