Teledyne Laars series II heater value

Newbee's 2nd post:

I believe these were manufactured from 1993 to 96. I was given a used heater from a friend that filled in and burried his in-ground pool about 10 years ago. I was talked into taking it off his hands last year. It has 2 controls on the front panel for a pool and a spa?

We presently use a Sta-rite 400 and it works fine. It was new in 04. Is the old retired Teledyne Laars worth keeping in case the Starite dies or is it probably loaded with rust and not worth it's weight in scrap metal.

I don't know the BTU output on it and it visually looks to be in pretty decent shape. I see a used smaller unit on eBay for sale $400+. Could it maybe be parted out? We have friends that purchase scrap metal and this thing is heavy.

I was wondering if the Forum thought I should scrap this beast or is it actually worth keeping. I'm inclined to want to buy a new Starite or Hayward when the day comes. How long does a heater usually last. :blah: :cheers:

Thanks folks

If you want to know how much it is worth, list it on craigslist. Giving it a second life is much more ecological than scrapping it. But of course it does not help the USA's job problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.