Dosage on Polyquat?

BadOleRoss said:
I need to order some Polyquat in preparation for pool closing. Can some please let me know what the dosage is? I'm trying to get some idea of how much I need to order. Thanks!

I use Poly-60 4oz per week all pool season and then close it with 1 qt (I have a 30000 gal pool). The pool servcie also puts in 1 gal of winter algecide and puts in a chlorine long term floater that floats around under the pool cover

Overdosing doesn't do harm, but it will consume chlorine. So if you were intending on also closing with chlorine, just note that you should check it again in a week and add more chlorine if it's dropped too much. See this post for closing instructions from Buckman Laboratories, the makers of Polyquat. They are not allowed to recommend anything higher than the maximum noted on the label since that is how it is registered with the EPA.

Ya know, for the $16 that the extra bottle cost me I think I am going to add it to the pool. The day before I close I will add the polyquat to the pool and bring it up to shock level, the day of closing I will make sure the pool is still at shock level and close it down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.