Net that spans full width of pool for quick two person clean

Jun 16, 2009
San Jose, CA
Our neighbors have some nasty trees and they end up dropping tons of small particles in the pool. On a windy day the surface of the pool gets covered with tree matter within a couple hours.

My wife and I were thinking about using a large net that spans across the width of the pool (about 18'), each grabbing a side and dragging it across the length of the pool to pickup everything in one shot.

I assume there are no specific products intended for this purpose so I was thinking of taking a roll of 3' wide screen and attaching 3' long PVC pipes on both ends. I was wondering if anyone had tried something like this before and how they went about it.

Any input is appreciated.

Re: Net that spans full width of pool for quick two person c

Sounds like a bait seine to me. I've used one of those thousands of times but never to clear a pool. Search bait seine and you'll see what they look like. I think your idea would work great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.