Film on pool?

Jun 22, 2011
Pool size: 30,000 gal.
Concrete pool
Pump: Intelliflo VF
Filter: Sand Filter
with a salt water system

Hello, I posted a photo below of the problem we are all of a sudden having..(hopefully I did it correctly.)
3rd season of owning pool, and have never had this problem before.. Starting about 2 weeks ago, when the pump would first come on we would get this whitish film spreading accross our pool. We recently,(3 days ago) had a new sand filter put in.. Today after putting in more algeacide, due to algea from not having the filter running for a few days. and Shocking the pool, the whitish film came back 10 x's worse than before we replaced the sand filter. It is the film, and they are just tiny bubbles throughout the film.. The filter took care of it after about an hour, and now it is all back again. The pump, filter and salt system are all new as of this summer..
pool levels are okay. so where is this coming from and why?.. any ideas? Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

• film.jpg
    film.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 59
Foam is almost always associated with algaecide. Algaecide is terrible at clearing up a pool. It seems from your post you have tried everything but the thing you really need....chlorine, and lots of it.

If that's the case, post back with questions and start reading pool school and we'll help you get the pool crystal clear.

Thank you so much for the quick replies! yes, I have definitely tried everything.. I hadn't thought about it being the algaecide.. But it makes sense because until you replied, I also hadn't thought about the algeacide that I am using is one that I hadn't used before as well.. Just started using it.. around when the first foams came.. sigh... Didn't even think about that.. will add some more chlorine tomorrow and do away with that algaecide and of course, read me some pool school!
At least I have a new way to look and try tomorrow, thank you, I appreciate the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.