Great article on problems with chlorine and SWGs as solution

Article is in Wall Street Journal so unfortunately you need to be a subscriber to view it, but it discusses the high cost of maintaining a chlorine pool, the problems with the smell of chlorine, the irritated eyes, faded swimsuits, etc. and how SWGs are a great alternative. My favorite quote: "Traditional liquid and tablet chlorine costs up to $700 a year for a residential pool owner. Periodic so-called shock treatments to raise the chlorine level can be $150 and higher for a home pool, depending on pool size and use." :hammer:

Here's the link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... %3Darticle

I posted a link to TFP in the comments (which, by the way, can be read for free - very entertaining to see how many problem people have with their pool maintenance and how SwimSpray is a favored solution). :-D

Re: Great article on problems with chlorine and SWGs as solu

I was reading most of the comments, and it sounds like a bunch of the people have been misinformed like most people who join the site.
I also find it interesting in the small bit you can read, how they make it sound like having a SWG is different than just regular chlorine, when in fact its still a chlorine pool, you just don't have to manually add it.

Re: Great article on problems with chlorine and SWGs as solu

The video is viewable for free.

There's another post linking to this article, maybe the mods can merge the two. In the video the pool gal states that SWG actually is chlorine but it sounds like they gloss over that fact in the article maybe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.