Let's see those hot tubs...

Here is mine it is sunk into deck so the step on the inside of the tub is the same hight as the deck. It makes it real easy to get in and out.

100_1023.jpg

Erik's olde schoole tubbe

Here's a recent shot of my early '80's Beachport octagon.

Got it free for the hauling on Craig's List a few years ago, and finally got it installed and running this year.

It's partially set into the ground (the seats are at grade), and I've built a redwood and cedar deck/skirt.

The pump, heater, filter and blower are 10 feet away, commercial-style.

3 of its total of 4 jets are visible in this shot. We actually prefer it with just the 4. I think that the bazillion-jet configurations are fun for the 1st week, then overkill for my needs.

I did my first tubbing in Santa Barbara in 1982, and I like having a spa that is similar to the ones in the wonderful hourly places Santa Barbara had in those days, like The Hourglass (still around!). My spa area is really an attempt at creating my own "Hourglass" in my back yard. It's a 25-year-old dream come true.

I like the center-facing seating configuration, which encourages social interaction, and has, seriously, already improved my relationship with my girlfriend. We talk about stuff more, in the hot tub.

2703164054_f6b99c6456_o.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe someone can help me. I got a hot tub its an old American spa signature series (they went out of busines) and the outer cabinet is rotted any ideas on how to replace it with something nicer and more durable. the tub sits on the lip. where can i get materials to do it. its old but it was free and works fine. once i get the cabinet fixed up i can finally attach a cover lifter. (its getting to heavy for me to remove)

Thanks

Attachments

• P6040089.JPG
    P6040089.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 497
  • P6040090.JPG
    P6040090.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 497
  • P6040084.JPG
    P6040084.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 497
Depending on how good your carpentry skills are, just get some new lumber (cedar, redwood or something rot resistant) and just rebuild the rotted cabinet. You may also want to check out man made materials such as Trex if your budget allows.

each panel sits in the track of the upper and lower frame then they interlock wiht each other. however it is the upper and lower parts that are rotted as well i am not sure i can remove the top and bottom since the lip of the tub rest on it.

Spa in Spain

Here is my Spa at the front of my villa in Spain - in use every day when we are over there! Brilliant. (As you can see I am a fan of American products!).

Next project is to put an above ground pool on the second terrace and deck it in and maybe move the Spa down as well. This site has been an inspiration! Thanks. :goodjob:

mini-P3160344.jpg

mini-P3160343.jpg

mini-8001.jpg

mini-6010.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.