Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi everyone - new here and looking for some advice. Got a pool going in (16x32 rectangular vinyl liner) and there are woods behind me, so I expect a lot of leaves. I haven't picked a cleaner yet, but I want one that's as user maintenance fee as possible.

What would everyone recommend and what particular things prompt the recommendation?

Thanks!

I can't think of a cleaner that will pick up many leaves. You will be far less disappointed if you plan on scooping out the leaves with a leaf net and letting the auto-vac pick up the stragglers.

Even the leaf canister add-ons wont begin to touch the amount of leaves that accumulate in my pool. Others owners don't get as many but it sounds like you do.....plan on a leaf net and increased biceps! :lol:

FWIW, my small Aqua Tech Broom Vac can pick up some good sized leaves. Up to about 3" long. BUT... only when the flap on the inside of the head that is supposed to prevent back flow of debris is tucked up and out of the way. It does suck up small leaves (quarter plus sized) well even with the flap down.

I'm assuming the larger models have larger openings and might work better on larger leaves. I assume these also have a flap but I do not know.

Compared to a standard pool vac head I also do not know as I haven't yet had an opportunity to use one of those.

I'm looking for a replacement for my Polaris 380 since it stopped working after 7 years, but it was great at picking up a ton of leaves of all sizes (very stiff leaves up to 8 inches long). I will probably get another 380 if someone doesn't recommend something better.

My surface is plaster. I think you would need a different type of wheel or track for vinyl.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.