Adding Solar Salt - each season??

waterbug

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
Richmond, Va
Hi pool friends:
One of the best tips I got last year was to use solar salt to my above ground pool. We added two bags of it and loved the effect. My question is, do you add more each season or does it remain over winter. We are closed up and may end up draining half the pool as CYA was high last year. Obviously if we drain we add more, but if we don't??

It is nearly 80 here today in VA and the pool is calling me - tomorrow will be back in the 50's and then 40's for the weekend so the siren call will abate..

You will only lose salt to draining and splash-out. The remainder will stay in the water more or less forever. Also, using chlorine will very slowly add salt.

If you used two bags last year and drained half the water out then you should only need to add one bag this year The exact salt level is not particularly critical, if you are a little low or a little high it should still have much the same effect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.