"Clear Drain Alarm" on Intelliflo

CaraR

May 23, 2011
Hey.

My Intelliflo pump is on an automated system (not intellitouch but can't remember name right now). Anyhow, it's been running on its timer for the 6 weeks since we moved in with no problems. The last 2 mornings, however, I've noticed it shutting itself down with a "Clear Drain Before Restarting" alarm. There is nothing that I can see obstructing flow anywhere, and it restarts manually just fine. I know there is a setting to let the pump try to restart itself and I'm going to use that once I get this figured out. I just want to know what is tripping it.
The pool is screened in so there are never large items sucked in skimmer or drain. I moved settings on skimmer and drain valves the other day but returned them to the starting position last night to see if that was the problem...maybe not enough flow through one and it tripped the alarm. That didn't matter this morning. It still didn't prime and start.
I like this pump but I also HATE this pump. It's so sensitive. Any ideas?
I'm leaving town and my hubby is in charge of pool while I'm gone. He's basically good for checking pH and chlorine levels and that's it. I'd like to get this figured out before I leave Friday. :-D

Scott,

Do you have any recommendations on what settings would be appropriate? I'm having the exact same issues with 1 1/2" plumbing and have been pulling hair out all night trying to keep the pump up while shocking water...(grrrr)

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.