Aqua Chem replace ment reagents

iggy

Jan 24, 2008
The Cool Part of Arizona
I was just looking at the last page of my Aqua Chem Book for my Professional Test Kit and it says...
"To order FREE replacement reagents for your Aqua Chem 5 way test kit check the following list of reagents you need and call (800) 252-7665"

Is this true? And if it is do they charge you an arm and a leg for shipping and handling?

Has anyone tried calling and asking for free reagents?

I will have to call wjen they are open but would liek to hear if anyone has gotton any reagents from them.
Aqua Chem (Recreational Water Products)

Iggy

I have gotten reagents from them in the past but I just called in December because I never got the reagents that were supposedly being shipped to me last May and was told that they have discontinued the test kit and are no longer offering the free reagents. They told me they were having too much trouble getting the reagents.
The parent company is Chemtura, these are the people who say that CYA levels up to 200 ppm are not a problem! Other Chemtura companies in the US include Pooltime, Guardex, Sun, Bioguard, Simplicity, Omni, and Hydrotech. In other words they own most of the major brands out there except for the ones owned by Arch Chemical (PoolLife and HTH) and the few independant companies out there like Proteam (which seems to be in Chemtura's pocket since they make all their trichlor products in return for acess to the patents Proteam holds on borates!)
But I have gotten off the track....No they are not offering free reagents anymore, they have discontunued the drop based test kits and are pushing strips. They did offer to send me a free bottle of test strips, btw!

Do yourself a favor and get either a TF100 testkit or a Taylor K-2006. IMHO, the TF100 is a better bang for the buck.

Ditto to what Waterbear said.

I bought one of the Aquachem sets at Target on sale, ran out of some reagents, then called the number on the back for replacements. Several weeks went by, so I called. They said they would send strips instead. Got the strips, but haven't used them yet. So now I have 2 bottles of strips, one from my pool builder (Lamotte) and the Aquachem strips that just sit under my kitchen sink.

I only did this whole thing as a supplement to my TF-100 test kit (in case Dave's listening :-D )

a comment about Aqua-chem:

I was pretty sure that "Free refill" thing wouldn't work out. It made no sense financially to Aqua-chem.

I suppose their intent was to profit from the shipping or something but folks aren't as dumb as apparently Aqua-Chem thought.

(What is that thing that Billy Mays (you know, the guy who's always shouting) hustles on TV where they give you free lifetime refills....you simply pay postage and "handling"......to the tune of around $10.00 bucks to get about a dollars worth of stuff)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.