Blue Wave Manta Ray Pool Cleaner

cramar

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 10, 2010
Sault Ontario
I got this included "free" with a rebate on my AGP purchase, finally came and I hooked it up.
It does clean very well, but is it me or does this thing keep going around in the same location over and over again?

Anyone have any experience with one of these? I believe they are also sold now as the 'Dirt Blaster'.

I've watched this thing go in enough circles to declare that it doesn't do a good job, I've tinkered with pretty much everything the manual suggested but it still just goes in one circle or at best a pattern of 2 circles, it also started getting stuck on the wall, there's also no way this thing would get anywhere near the perimeter of a pool greater than 21'. My pool is 20' and I've tried using all the segments of hose and it still won't go along the perimeter.
Too bad, the unit has a lot of suction and when it encounters dirt is sucks it up great. But all in all I know why this was a free add on for my pool pkg, the thing pretty much stinks at cleaning the pool and an owner still has to use a manual cleaner behind it.

I recommend staying away from this cleaner, it's not worth the money.

Think I found a solution, manufacturer says for my pool size use all but 2 lengths of hose. Today I was puttering around the house and didn't want to spend the time cleaning the pool, the pool needs a good clean but I've been putting it off as I debate closing it up for the year. So I figured I'd let this thing tackle the job while I worked on other things, I started with all the hoses and every hour or so I removed 1 length, after a few hours of just letting it do it's thing I actually had a pretty clean pool. Removing a section of hose caused it to move in a different location thus helping it clean new areas.

I don't think I'd buy this thing but since it was included in the pool pkg I think I'm happy with it now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.