Intex Easy Set 18' filter problem

May 31, 2011
I have an Intex Easy Set 18' pool with the 1500 gal filter pump. It's been working great up until about a week ago when I seem to have lost most of the suction. I've replaced the filter, checked the hoses and inlet\outlet valves for any obstructions, and found nothing. The skimmer is def below the water line, and if I take it off and just drop the suction hose into the water, I get very low suction as well. I've bled all of the air from the filter. My next thought was to maybe lube up the plunger valves and/or replace, but I wanted to see if there are any other suggestions out there in case the plunger valves aren't the issue. The filter is 2 years old and seems to be running fine from what I can tell.

Thanks!

seanf12 said:
Thanks guys.

Brushpup: When you say off the suction barb, what are you referring to exactly?

FesterW: Checked the inlet side, everything looks clear

The inlet of of the pumps, where the suction hose connects to the pump body. If it is clear, are you sure it is getting proper prime?

Do you see any small holes/ports inside the pump that have debris in them? H says they're relief ports and we use a pick/pokey thing to clean them out.

Check the inside of the pump very carefully and clean any area that has debris at all. Even if it just looks like an access hole for a screw. H might be right about these ports being important... when he talks pump, I do not question him.

Have you tried running the pump without the cartridge filter installed? What result does that give?

Frogabog, good call on running without a filter. As soon as I pulled the filter and ran it the suction was fantastic. I never thought to check the filter because it's only about a week old and ran fine the first day or two I was using it (and it's not dirty at all)

I am going to pick up a new filter tomorrow and see if that helps

Thanks everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.