Jandy LX400 - Ignitor Bad (I think)

smuggs

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
Gloucester County, NJ
Been a long time since I've posted....So, we just got back from a week away and spent some time in the pool yesterday. I went to turn on the heater for the spa, and found that it won't light. I'm pretty sure that the igniter has gone bad (heater's about 4 years old). I've had this same problem on my house heater, and the igniter is easy to find, pull out, and replace. I know where it is on my Jandy LX400, but can't seem to figure out how to get at it to take a look. The white wires go in to the box through the bottom of the fourth venturi. There are lots of screws that I could try removing, but I don't want to do that unless that's the only way. I've searched high and low for "instructions" on removing and replacing it, but have had no luck. Anybody know how to get at the igniter on a 2007 Jandy LX400?

Thanks!

Find the split nut union on the final piece of 3/4" pipe near the internal gas valve. If the nut is in the heater, this disconnects the gas line so the valve can travel towards you. Turn off the gas to the heater at the nearest point. Disconnect the split nut and the screws (5/16" nut driver works well) on the outer edge of the frame holding the burners in place. I think there are 8, 4 on top and 4 on the bottom. Been a couple months since I swapped one out. Disconnect the wires for the HSI (Hot Surface Igniter). Slide the tray towards you for access to the screw holding the HSI in place. The wires for it will pass through the protective shield in both directions.

Note: Sometimes the split nut is outside the heater's sheathing. That pipe will need to be unthreaded. Before you do that, you will need a toothbrush to clean off the threads and fresh pipe dope, aka Teflon thread sealant for reassembly.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.