heres my results. could use a hand.

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
OK so I finally started running my filter temporarily while waiting for my electric to be installed. I added some bleach last night to bring up the FC level. I have a test kit (the tf100) but decided to bring a water sample to the pool store being I was there getting some other things.
Heres my results.

FC .2
Total Chlorine .2
Combined chlorine 0.0
PH 7.1
Hardness 20 ppm
Alkalinity 0
Cynauric Acid 10 ppm

I have a bunch of clorox. Can I get buy with buying some borax and baking soda and some type of stabilizer from the pool store to get it to where I need ?

Short answer yes. Long answer, do your own testing before adding anything. I find it pretty incredible that you have no TA. Have you added anything to the pool? Was it full when you moved in? What's the story? Because if you filled it yourself, and haven't added any stabilizer, you shouldn't have any CYA.

Seriously. Take ten or fifteen minutes reading the directions in the lid and run your own tests. Then post those results and you will probably get some good advice. There was a thread recently where someone had the water tested at the store, added what they said to add, then ran his own test and got to drain a bunch of water to fix the problems caused by the pool store. I'd search it, but the terms are all extremely common, so it would take hours.

Yes, I'm one of those fellas, :roll: who in the beginning was mixing both results (PS and mine TF-100).
What fixed me was STAY away from the store (parts and 10% liquid chlorine only/ NO testing!)
Posted my TF-100 results here and stayed the course with TFP members recommendations and pool school instructions then my pool did exactly what it was supposed to do! :whip:

The amount of bleach you want to add will depend on the CYA level. Too much relative to the CYA level can be bad for the liner and for people.

Slow down a bit.

You have the two tools you need to know what to do.... Your test kit and the Pool Calculator. They work together.

So, forget what the pool store said. What does your test kit say is in your pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.