Mineral Springs MS-10 Trips Breaker!!!

Aug 21, 2011
Ct
I have a Mineral Springs MS-10 control box that keeps tripping the circuit breaker. This just started happening. The fuse on the board is fine. There was a mild discoloration on a wire that was touching the ceramic capacitor on the board but it didn't appear to melt through. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks for the quick response. The weather has prevented any further testing (or swimming!) for today but I'll start there. I suspect you may be correct. Does anyone have a source for parts?

On another note, my pool installer had the unit hot wired to be always on yet the manual says it should be connected to a timer so the SWG is only running with the pump. Any comment about that?

Once again, thanks for the quick response. First I isolated the transformer and the breaker still tripped. Then I completely disconnected the panel and got the same results. I concluded it's a ground fault somewhere in the circuit. I tapped into another 110v GFI circuit going into the panel and the SWG is once again working. Looks like I dodged a bullet this time around. (I didn't like those part prices!!!)

So with "no flow" the SWG turns itself off automatically? My next project will be to connect a timer to generator

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.