Terre Haute indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
after shocking was complete a couple of weeks ago the fc would fall from 7 to 4.5-4.0 during the day last couple of days its dropped to 3 and the cc is up to .5 its usally been 0 any thing to be concerned about. try to test about the same time every evening

Dogs in the pool? Leaves blown in? CYA too low?

The way to know if shocking is needed is to do OCLT. If you lose chlorine in the dark with no one in the pool and skimmers, etc, clear of leaves, then you have organics in the pool.

I'll just echo what duraleigh said. One really sweaty body can use up a lot of FC.

My CC goes up and down for no reason. Sometimes I'll get .5 for days on end, and then it will read nothing for a few days. Yesterday I had none. No one used the pool. This morning I had .5. If you're worried, use a heavy hand on the bleach dosage. And check the skimmer. Even if they're not in the pool, leaves and pollen are still in the system.

Richard320 said:
I'll just echo what duraleigh said. One really sweaty body can use up a lot of FC.

My CC goes up and down for no reason. Sometimes I'll get .5 for days on end, and then it will read nothing for a few days. Yesterday I had none. No one used the pool. This morning I had .5. If you're worried, use a heavy hand on the bleach dosage. And check the skimmer. Even if they're not in the pool, leaves and pollen are still in the system.

A 0 to .5 of up and down is very normal, mine acts just like Richard's.
I did get up to 1. CC after a heavy late nite swim (or should I say a big, pass the bottle :party: !) with lots of the extended family. (I also heard the dog was in the pool too!)
I just went up to about 9 ppm FC in the morning after seeing the 3.5 FC & 1 CC and by the evening was 6 PPM FC and 0 CC
My CYA is 40.

Chuck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.