I read the directions just not sure about the ph, but I suppose if it is within the range it is ok. Good to know about the temp. I had not thought about that. It is chilly, around 75. Too cold for me but the kids don't mind. :shock:

My area is under stage 2 water restrictions, which include no topping off the pool. I am using my vacuum to draw water from the bottom of the pool. I set it up last week before the water level got too low. If I were to take it off now I would not be able to run the pump. :( Really need some rain around here.

Closing???

Already? wow...

Summer just started :~}

If I had any sense I would have left it closed till last week. But then y'all would have missed out on all my self imposed pool drama.

It CAN be warm through September around here but that's unusual. I'll close a few weeks after school starts if the sun sticks around. They will come home after school and swim for an hour if the sun is out, regardless of temp.

Are y'all closing because the pool isn't getting used or are you just sick of messing with it? If I had a heated pool I'm pretty sure I'd leave it open year round. There's a pool at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. I swam there as a kid in in a snowstorm, it was totally awesome.

Northern Ontario, my AGP was 68 this morning, our nights are just getting too cold and are out weighing the day time heat into the pool.
Ordering a winter cover at the end of the week and I'm going to hold out hope for a nice Sept rush of heat, otherwise its getting closed down soon.
I'll need to get a solar heater next year.......honestly, I can't even remember what occupied our family time before getting the pool up this summer, all our free time was spent by the pool......best summer ever!!! :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.