Inline puck feeder question.

May 26, 2009
Seminole, FL
I have a Pentair inline feeder that works with 3" pucks. Question I have is the amount of chlorine put out proportionality higher in comparison to the amount of pucks you put in? For example, if I use 8 pucks and find a setting that maintains about 5ppm of Chlorine a day, if I use 4 pucks and keep the setting the same will it only output about half the amount of chlorine?

I only use it when I am on vacation so I am trying to determine how many pucks to put in while I am out.

If the unit is set in it's default configuration with the feed tube in the lower position, it doesn't matter. The control valve dictates how much water goes in and the # of tabs is moot. Only one or two tabs get watered.

With the feed tube in the upper position, water washes over all the tabs and thus, larger pools can be accommodated as more of the tabs are exposed.

Scott

The pressure from the captured return water builds enough pressure to overcome the internal check valve and forces the freshly chlorinated water out of the chamber. When the pump shuts off, the pressure in the chamber pushes the water out, leaving the tabs dry.

Scott

Crimson said:
What is odd is that if I open it, it fills to the top with water. it's in the default configuration the hose at the bottom. Unless it only fills up all the way because I have the top open?

i have the similar problem - the chlorinator fills almost all the way up and it also doesn't drain when the pump is off or the regulator is set to 0. i suspect the check valve is faulty. i thought about replacing the valve which cost a few bucks, but since i only use it when i'm on vacation or when i need to bump up my CYA and take it off the pipe the rest of the time, i decided to leave it as is for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.