French Drain Help.

Aug 19, 2011
hello,i have a new above ground pool. the pool has a deck with an under deck slope about four feet of slope. i built a french drain at the bottom about a foot and a half in front of the pool where about a foot of water collects every time it rains. i did the black fabric and the crushed stone and the proper slope with the drain pipes, now what do i do with the end where i need the water to flow away from the pool. can i just dig a big hole and fill it with crushed stone and let it flow into the yard under ground? thanks

can i just dig a big hole and fill it with crushed stone and let it flow into the yard under ground?
Sometimes. It depends on how well the soil "perks" (absorbs moisture). Is there a way you can continue the drainpipe downhill and let it run out into a lower area? That's better than digging a hole although the hole may work if your soil is good.

Either put a drainage tank underground or terminate in a pop-up drain above ground
052063322001lg.jpg

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?productId=3130115

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.