How often/long do you run your Cleaner?

Martin2003

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 2, 2007
Richmond, TX
I'm curious how often (days/week) and long (hrs/day) do you run your Cleaner? Also does it change between the winter and summer seasons if you don't close your pool?

I currently have mine set at 3 hrs/day 7 days/wk which seems too frequent to me.

Thanks

Martin2003 said:
I'm curious how often (days/week) and long (hrs/day) do you run your Cleaner? Also does it change between the winter and summer seasons if you don't close your pool?

I currently have mine set at 3 hrs/day 7 days/wk which seems too frequent to me.

Thanks

Hi Martin2003
I just answered someone here that I was just running mine about 4 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
It also depends on how many gallon pool you have as well as how well your pump pumps.
I figure my pump can pump 100 gpm which is 6000 gallons an hour and fow 4 hrs = 24,000 gallons total
24,000 gallons is about twice my pool has in it. I figure two total exchanges each day.
I may consider changing my timer so I can pump every other day instead of daily during the winter.
That should help reduce the electric costs and still maintain good water.

Iggy

Another consideration is how much debris is getting into your pool. I have no trees to worry about, just the "junk" such as dead grass , bird poop, dog hair, etc. and I have found that running my cleaner for only 1 hour (small 11,000 gal pool) per day is sufficient.

It varies from pool to pool, as well as with different cleaners. Play with it a bit. If you run it an hour a day and your pool gets dirty, run it longer. It's really going to be trial and error to find just the right duration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.