Oldsmar, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I have a leak in my hot tub and have narrowed it down to the plaster on the seat. I've double and triple checked all of the penetrations with dye with and without the pump running. The hot tub seat had a layer of plaster over the original plaster. The 2nd layer was becoming cracked and detached from the original layer. I have fully removed the 2nd layer and am down to the original layer. I'm assuming that it was replastered because it was leaking and they did a crappy job with the replaster and that fell off. So now I'd like to see if there's a product or something I can use to just waterproof the original plaster on the seat? Is there some type of clear waterproofing product I can apply to just stop the water from seeping through the seat? I've seen the paints and stuff and I might end up trying something like that but I just want to know what my options are. The plaster in the whole rest of the hot tub is still good, it's just the seat.

I discourage paint. It will chalk up bathing suits and feet and will need reapplication periodically. It may not seal the crack either.

This really should be properly repaired and replastered. Band aids will wind up costing more over the not too distant future.

Scott

Well there's not really any crack. It's the actual plaster that the water is seeping through. It's not a large area so I really don't want to go through having a company come out and replaster the hot tub just for the seat leaking. Is it possible to do plastering myself or is that something I have to have a company out to do? I am pretty handy and do almost everything DIY.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.